CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 4, 2008

Creating a Stink...and not knowing it!

I've been getting my nails done for a while now. I like the way they look..so polished and stylish. I used my "mad" money ( that money you can tuck away and not feel guilty using) to get them done. I recently stopped having the nail tech put on the nail tips and have let mine grow out. The last time I had the nail tech put the acrylic on my nails....no fake nails, but a nice shine on them so I could paint over them. Well, I got the bright idea to go to Sally supply store and get my own "stuff" to the job at home. Simple enough, right? I got my 30 plus dollars of nail supplies ( mind you I pay that much for on trip to get the nails done, and I get 20 plus nail jobs out of this, so it's a great deal, right??) and headed home. After a long day I sat down at my table and opened my small yet 12.99 in cost bottle of liquid and poured a small amount in a plastic cup, opened my powder and my new brush and started to work. Simple..right? I looked down and the liquid was running all over my table!!! It had literally eaten a hole right through that cup and was continuing to eat away at it. In no time my quiet yet observant husband started opening all the doors and windows and dragging in every oscillating fan he could find. What a mess. Actually the end result was good, but I created a stink and didn't even know it!

I recently encountered something similar in my life. In an effort to bring about a good result, a "stink" was created among some friends. Not what I thought or expected was going to occur. I think the end result will be fine, but maybe I should have thought it through a little more.

Jesus has so many principals to follow. When we don't read all his instruction in his word we get in a mess, just like I did with my home nail job. The motive was good, but the rush to get a good result without thinking the nail thing through caused some gliches that could have been avoinded. The same with my situation with some acquaintances. We live and learn.

I've learned a few tricks on the "manicure at home" job. I'll do things a little different next time. I'll do the same if I ever find myself in a similar situation with my acquaintances. God is good to teach us lessons if we aren't too proud to learn them. I'm still learning , trust me. Sometimes my old flesh pops out...I'm kind of good at that part actually! shame shame

Busy day for us.....we took in the apple festival in Erwin, TN, ate at Pizza Hut, David took Sean to a birthday party at the Karate school, I mopped my classroom floor, I walked two miles, David mowed the yard, and the kids and I went to the fall festival at the Christian High School. I'm pooped!

Nite!

4 comments:

bp said...

Oh no! Good lessons learned it sounds like though! Have a good rest of the weekend!

BethAnne said...

I wish you had asked me about the nails at home thing.......it is a stinking thing and it takes a long time for the smell to leave the hosue.........did ya buy some apple turnovers???? I bought Steve 5 and they are all gone already --- and we just went Friday night!!!!

Eddie said...

Well, I've read your blog and sounds like you could use a lesson in using acetone. My dad learned a good lesson using acetone one time. He had false teeth and one day he went to work, took his teeth out and put them in a tray and poured acetone on them to clean them. He came back and the teth were floating in the acetone. It really eats things up.

donnaj said...

Dear, Dear LuAnn - I had my nails done for years - probably 10 years. Ruined them good. Now I have great nails and they are my very own and strong to boot. Next time we are together, remind me to show you. I have miracle working stuff!!! I think that bethanne blogged about this miracle working nail cure being one of her favorite things. It has freed me forever from the bondage of acrylic nails.