CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 2, 2008

Home Alone

No, I'm not in New York City, Home Alone, but I am home alone. I came home from school yesterday not feeling too well. I was up till 1:00 so I just took the day off. My husband took the boys to school and he is off to work. It's so quiet in this house...almost eerie! After a long hot bath and breakfast I feel some better already.

I missed my Bible Study last night. Always hate if that happens...I love what I get that helps me through my week.

I got some news this week that got me to thinking. David and I had a discussion about several things that have occurred. I have somewhat of a spirit of discernment.....sometimes I wish I didn't. I never mind it if I discern a "good thing", but when it's something that's not "OK" then It makes me nervous. I wish I had gone with my gut and shared somethings recently with some folks I love. It may have helped avoid a bad situation that came to be......I'm praying that all is well and lessons , heartfelt ones are learned.

So I got my 30 pound star at weight watchers but gained 2 at convention. I think I've lost it already.....I'm into the real work of it now. I'm trying to walk as much as I can. Sunday I walked two miles before Sunday night church and Tuesday I walked a mile in our neighborhood. There is one lady at Weight Watchers that is 65. She has lost 85 pounds in one year. Oh my! You should see her before photos...you wouldn't know her. She's become a big cheerleader of mind. She'll say " I can tell you've lost, keep it up". "It's OK, you can get those two pounds off". I'm not even sure she's a Christian in the true sense of being born again. I do think that sometimes the world outdoes us on encouragement. She has a passion for weight loss..she's done it! She knows that I can lose a "few" more. She was at 30 pounds once too...a pound at a time she took it off and now she looks fit and great! Shouldn't we be the same to new Christians....cheering them on when they succeed in areas that we have overcome too? I can think of lots of things people struggle with : anxiety, fear, depression, bitterness, strife. Some of us have been there and have seen the Lord bring us through. Shame on us if we don't mentor those around us and help them to a new level of growth in the Kingdom.

4 comments:

Eddie said...

Great Word Luann. Your exactly right that we Christians should be encouragers. Barnabas, whose name means "encourager" gives us many examples of when and how we should be encouragers.
Now personally, I think 30 pounds is a lot to loose and you've reached that point. If you want to do more, that must mean that you are disciplined and mean business. I only wish I had that type of discipline. You go girl, sounds like your doing a great job. Teach me how to do that.

bp said...

Hello! You're right, we need to be encouragers. How would the world be better if we were!

BethAnne said...

I am glad that I am not the only cheerleader on the squad!!! :-) Hope you feel better soon.......

{patty} said...

I don't know if I'm more proud or envious. Well, since it's a sin to be envious then I will be more proud!! I think you are doing an awesome job with your weight loss. I see a shopping trip in the future and a reward dinner at PF Changs. :)