CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 3, 2007

Early morning thoughts

After a trip home to NC with just me and my children I've been sort of in a "reflective" mood. Love to get to see family, but it always reminds me of times past and what was there and is not anymore. A trip to my aunts with my mom and my kids was a nice Saturday. Then we ventured to the cemetary to put flowers on my dad's grave. Hard to explain to my children who never met him and haven't been to a funeral that they remember. Daniel asks if the cemetary is heaven and Sean asks if Jesus died there. We then went to see my Uncle Bill who was down at my grandparent's old homeplace. Boy did that conjure up some feelings, some sad, mostly good memories. The boy got to sit on "pop n John" my grandpa's old John Deere Tractor and visit the watermelon patch to pick out a few melons. We then drove to my niece Allison to see new Baby Bryson....Bryson Lee Cline born August 27..cute! That night we went to my brother's and his wifes. He got out the golf cart and took the kids for ride ( me too! ) along with the puppies.....about 6 of them....they aren't so small anymore. Sunday before we left I worked in a building going through some of my things I had from over the years. I get so setimental since my dad died. I'm grateful my mom is in good health, grateful my brother checks on her, and grateful my kids get to know my mom even if they didn't get to see my dad. I like to think that maybe my dad gets to "peek" over the portals of heaven and catch of glimpse of us now and then..not sure how biblical that is...but it's a nice thought. AFter a good nights sleep after a long ride home through Asheville, I think I'm back to being not so sentimental..at least for the moment!

Thanks , Patty for the inspiration to do a blog too!

1 comments:

{patty} said...

Glad I can inspire you! :) As if you get enough of me every Sunday morning in SS class. LOL Although I missed you yesterday! David was rather chatty, I saw him cutting up with someone in your care group. Talk to you soon, I'm sure! HUGS!