I am currently reading a book by Lysa TerKerust called The Bathtub is Overflowing but I feel Drained ( How to defeat Mommy Stress) I love this excerpt from Lysa's book:
"To rejoice means to verbalize your pleasure. God delights in our pleasure, but verbalizing our pleasure in times of stress is often exactly th eopposite of what we feel like doing. We want to verbalize our complaints, our frustration, and our anxiety. But we must ask ourselves what good does this ever bring about? Does any good ever come about when we rant and rave about our circumstances? For me, ranting and raving just heaps more frustration on the situation and leaves me feeling even more drained.
If, however, I choose to rejoice, not in my circumstances, but in the Lord's ability to handle what I can't, I invited God's peace to invade that moment. When I simply say, ' Lord, You are good even when my circumstances are not. Thank you for this day, This is your day. Help me walk in it in a manner that proclaims Your presence in my life.' Making this statement brings the next part of Phillippians 4:5 to life: 'let your gentleness be evident to all".
Ouch! Guess I've got some work to do!
Spesifikasi Lengkap Honda Airwave
13 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment