CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 28, 2008

Short and Sweet


I subbed today in 1st and 2nd grade. We have a potluck with our Sunday school class and I really am looking forward to it. We are in the middle of missions conference and it's always a favorite of mine. I spent two summers on mission team with Bob Jones University in '88 and '89..nothing like it..life changing...I've told David I'd love for our family to go on one when the boys are a little older. I loved reading Amanda's post about her mission trip.


I have to be careful to remember that I have a mission field right here too...across the street, at the park, around the corner......can't wait to see the doors the Lord may open for future opportunites.
I absoultely hung on every word our speaker Sunday morning said...he is from Lebanon. My physician, Dr. Shamiyeh, pictured in this blog, is also from their. I taught his son at the Christian school in VA. As the preacher preached I couldn't help but think of family in Lebanon and Syria that the Shamiyeh's have. How great it was to hear of a true gospel witness in that area. I hope to get more information to send to them ...who knows? Maybe there will be a witness for his family over there.....


Thanks for those of you that visited Holland's website and left comments!!!


0 comments: