CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 23, 2008

The day after.....

Well, no school today. David's mother was still here. David ran out early to get his mother a cup of coffee at the BP station ( we are not coffee drinkers) and some Krispy Cream doughnuts.
I was still in bed and her an exasperated sound....I heard Sean, our early bird, saying " Daddy spilled his drink". Yep, coffee everywhere when I round the corner near my piano. He graciously and patiently cleaned it up and headed back to the BP station for another cup of coffee. Good son he is. After breakfast and David's departure for work we got dressed and headed out to "put around". We went to Mize's Farm store on an errand for David's brother and his wife who own a feed store. ( well, David's brother is an art teacher and his wife runs the store), then to a local park to play for a few minutes, back to another retail feed store for flowers, to lunch at Ridgewood Barbecue near Piney Flats, TN where David works,

to Sam's club and then home for one more game of Hi Ho Cherry-O before David's mom had to leave. Good visit but I'm very tired. Tomorrow we go to see my mother in NC for her birthday then back here on Sunday.

I was so stuffed after that huge sandwich and those good home made fries that we had Spring Salad for supper ...( see my blog of recipes for the recipe ....mmmm)

I'm tired. I'm going to get a bath, put in a "mommy movie" as my kids call it and just relax.

I'm thankful today...

....thankful for a husband whose willing to go back for a second cup of coffee he's not even going to drink.

....thankful for my two beautiful boys that are growing up all too fast.

...thankful for my mother in law who took time to come share in our milestone.

...thankful for a God who works "outside of the box" to make things happen in my life. (that's a whole 'nother blog.

...thankful for a God who knows "if" I do teach kindergarten this fall he's already see the future and will be there with open arms to help me do it. ( gulp)

...thankful for a God who is with the Chapman's as they say goodbye to their darling little five year old this weekend.

...thankful for warm water, Bath and Body works products, good magazines, and a soft place to lay my head. Nite!

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

What a great Hubby!

My heart goes out to the Chapman family, especially their son. I can't imagine how Josh or Caleb would be if this happened to them. I pray that he will be able to forgive himself and not carry this around

BethAnne said...

Okay, I am finally back!
Heart broken for the Chapman family. I cant imagine what their hearts feel right now.

PS Ridgewood might have good bbq, but it the restaraunt is DIRTY!! Dont tell Steve - he has apparently not figured that out yet because he loves the place!

bp said...

I enjoyed your post! That bbq sounds so yummy. It has been so long since I've played hi ho cheerio! I might have to put that on Caleb's birthday idea list, I think he'd like it.

connie said...

Graduations are so very special...
My Grandson is graduationg from Kindergaten this year as well..
Those little guys are so special...
Connie
GBU

Leslie said...

We have SO MUCH to be thankful for, don't we? :) Enjoyed the post. We like Ridgewood too - had it last weekend but haven't eaten there in years (a friend had picked it up). I missed what the milestone was that your MIL came to celebrate. Does your BIL or SIL know my husband b/c he worked with the family who own Mize's in the past (I think when a parent died or something?). Wade Farmer. Your hubby is definitely a good son! :)

Van said...

Sounds like we enjoy time with our mothers in law. Check out my blog for pics of some work I did in her patio - especially last picture - an expresson of my own.