So at what age does the mind actually go? I had a chiropractor's appt. last night at 6:00 p.m. I had laid down in the floor with Sean around 5:00 with a pillow and a blanket and slept right through the appointment. I rarely do those kind of things....grrrrr
So today Daniel and I have dental cleanings at 11:00. He's always done well at the dentist. He excited because they have a treat box for him to choose a prize. I think they should do that for adults too....you know: coupons to Chili's, ipods, gift cards to Belk and Kohls...sounds like an incentive to go to the dentist to me!
I read somewhere that eating a handful of nuts each day helps with weight loss. So , I counted out 1/4 of a cup of natural almonds...yikes! They were 4 points! I know, it's the good fat, etc. But that's alot of points for a snack!
I told you on the fourth we spent the evening with our Sunday School Class Leadership team. Here are a few photos. Not a one of me in the bunch ( doesn't that sound vain???)








So here is my 10 lb weight loss bookmark! I proceeded to put that thing right on the fridge with all the kids achievements. Hey....I don't get awards very often. Still praying I can stick with this....a pound or two a week if fine with me. It's really hard to see..but trust me..it's says 10!
Anybody else addicted to Big Lot's? Do you even have a Big Lot's? It's one of those closeouts store. I run in to buy a "few" things and come out with 37.00 worth! I've learned that when I find a good deal you'd better get it..it may not be there later. The kid's and I stopped yesterday and it was not good....$$$$$ wise..not really "bad", but I didn't spend the around 10.00 I had hoped!
I bought some green beans at the farmer's market on Saturday. I strung and snapped them and cooked them up Sunday evening. I loved them! My kids love green beans, especially from Cracker Barrel. Daniel said mine tasted "funny". I didn't know green beans could taste "funny". hmmmm
So school starts August 11 for my kids and August 4 for inservice for me. In Tennessee TACS is the Christian school certification group that is recognized by the STATE of TN. Pray I don't have to take 4 classes in the next year. I'm sure about 2 of them and I think I had Philosophy of Christian ED at Bob Jones. I'm a mother of two small boys..I don't have time to go back to school!
I've tried to study a little on Self Control. Thought this might be of some use to someone else. It was to me.
I was reading on "Grattitude" week. Check out these quotes:
Jesus Christ is not valued at all until He is valued above all. Augustine
God never promises to remove us from our struggles. He does promise, however, to change the way we look at them. Max Lucado
A heart that does not have the true ability to be utterly and genuinely delighted and grateful at the simple gift given by a friend, will find it equally as difficult to be utterly delighted in the gifts given by the King. Katherine Walden
Being thankful is not telling God you appreciate the fact that your life is not in shambles. If that is the basis of your gratitude, you are on slippery ground. Every day of your life you face the possibility that a blessing in your life may be taken away. But blessings are only signs of God's love. The real blessing, of course, is the love itself. Whenever we get too attached to the sign, we lose our grasp on the God who gave it to us. Churches are filled with widows who can explain this to you. We are not ultimately grateful that we are still holding our blessings. We are grateful that we are held by God even when the blessings are slipping through our fingers. Craig Barnes
If you can't be thankful for what you receive, be thankful for what you escape. Anonymous
You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled. Charles Haddon Spurgeon
The optimist says, the cup is half full. The pessimist says, the cup is half empty. The child of God says; My cup runneth over. Anonymous

4 comments:
Those are great statements and so true! I see myself in many of those statements. I focus to much on what God is doing for me rather than what I am doing for Him. Great post LuAnn.
Great Post, always remember that a bargain is not a bargain unless you can afford it and need it. Great quotes and most of them are very convicting to the point of having to confess and repent.
Thanks
Hey! I like the bookmark and I think it deserves a special place on the fridge. You can do this WW thing - do not give up. Think about how defeated you would feel if you stopped before you met your goal.....keep moving forward because backward will only make you feel bad about yourself. You have taken off these 11 lbs relatively easily, right? (I mean there have been no Dt's or withdrawal symptoms that you couldnt handle) So, just keep on keeping on. When you have a week that you gain 3 lbs....dont let that get you down....keep a good attitude until the next week. You can soooo do this!
Okay, pep talk is over. Istn it nice to get a pep talk about losing weight from a person who needs to lose some herself? Anyway, you know I mean it in an encouraging way, right?
As far as Big Lots - I am not a fan of BL, but I am learning to like Magic Mart in Eton....just got back from there and spent too much, but I got alot of name brand stuff........do you ever go there?
Congrats to you on the weight loss.
I liked those quotes you included.
We have a Big Lots. I like looking at their seasonal stuff. I can always find something good there!
Post a Comment