CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Aug 19, 2008

Slacker in the Blogging World












I don't seem to be able to keep up with "reading" all your blogs! I hope to sit down tonight and get that done! I haven't forgotten you!


Here are those photos from the marriage retreat! What fun!






I left school last night to go to Weight Watchers and then I went to church. Tony Nolan was to speak and he had a family emergency, so our pastor spoke on "God Doesn't Waste a Good Storm".




I weighed in last night and I had lost 2.5 more pounds! Yeah! That puts me at 21.5 pounds! I got my little yellow star for my blue book mark. There were only like 6 people there..we usually have about 30...our leader was gone.....they were not having a leader...the substitute didn't show....and I told them I wasn't leaving without my little yellow star!!! ha! I worked for that one!




Off to school this morning. Daniel has homework this year.....a little anyway. Last nite they stayed home with daddy and he didn't check the AGENDA to see what he had...so........we had to get up this morning to do reading homework! We are behind on AWANA verses.....today is Daniel's verse test at school...this should be fun juggling all these things we need to do!




We are studying community helpers. I think my friend Bethanne should get her husband to come talk to my class ....she knows what his job is!??!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Greg P. said...

That looked like an historic place where the retreat was held. Communication and keeping yourselves focused, in addition to giving control to God, is the right way to grow your relationship.

Congrats on the 2.5 lbs.!

Eddie said...

Luann, I'm almost sad each time you tell that your losing weight. Sadness comes only because I believe I'm finding what you loose.ha Great job.

Amanda said...

Luann,

I am so proud of you. You are doing so great with WW!!! You are about to catch up with my 30...I know you will!! I need to get "refocused" on losing some more...I've been pretty lazy at just trying to maintain!

I am so jealous of the marriage retreat. I really love stuff like that, but my shy hubby isn't into games and such so he usually avoids that stuff. I understand, but I would love it! It looks like you guys had a great time. We are, however, taking our first "childless" trip since Jacob was born 15 months ago...we are going "somewhere" in the mountains this weekend just the two of us! I am sooooo excited!!! I'll miss Jake, but I have missed Mark these past 15 months and I can't wait to have him all to myself without any distractions!! Pray satan and my "pride" will stay behind.

God Bless

Amanda

Amanda said...

Luann,

I am so proud of you. You are doing so great with WW!!! You are about to catch up with my 30...I know you will!! I need to get "refocused" on losing some more...I've been pretty lazy at just trying to maintain!

I am so jealous of the marriage retreat. I really love stuff like that, but my shy hubby isn't into games and such so he usually avoids that stuff. I understand, but I would love it! It looks like you guys had a great time. We are, however, taking our first "childless" trip since Jacob was born 15 months ago...we are going "somewhere" in the mountains this weekend just the two of us! I am sooooo excited!!! I'll miss Jake, but I have missed Mark these past 15 months and I can't wait to have him all to myself without any distractions!! Pray satan and my "pride" will stay behind.

God Bless

Amanda

BethAnne said...

I will see what I can do with the community helper.......glad you had a good time at the retreat.....Almost 22 pounds? That is awesome!!! I wish I could say that I had lost almost 22 pounds......At this point, I would be happy with 2 pounds........

donnaj said...

It was good to get to see you last night - even though there was less of you! Congrats on your loss and keep up the good work. Remember what I said about the family!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Angie looked rather intense.
Congrats on the continued loss. I am proud of you!!! Debbie

alliekat said...

Weight Watchers definitely works...when I stick to it. I need to get my books back out and get to work.

I hope the marriage retreat was a good experience. We have been thinking about attending one and would really like to. If you know of any in our area please let me know.