CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 4, 2009

Spring Break at Last

I feel like I have been so negligent with this blog. I started off on a roll and then full time motherhood and full time teaching took over my life. It's OK...it's been a good year, full of life lessons for sure.

A week ago this past Thursday I went to see my friend Trudy. Trudy lived in Norton, VA where we moved from. She was my neighbor and my friend. Trudy was 64 and went to be with Jesus after a battle with cancer. I couldn't rest till I went to see her. I wasn't prepared for what I found. She was in the bed, heaving breathing, obviously struggling with some pain. I held her hand, cried, talked to her a while. Her daughter Julie called her name, told her I was there and then she opened her eyes. Trudy was my friend. She was what she was...no pretenses. I loved that about her. She visited me when Daniel was born, brought me a "trinket" when Sean was born, and participated in many ladies' luncheons that I organized. She was born in Australia near Tasmania and grew up in Germany. Ken met her while in the military and the rest is history. I left Trudy about 6:00 on that Thursday and 1:30 a.m on Friday she went to be with Jesus. Julie tells me they found her holding her Bible. Sadness....oh yes....but gladness....my yes! When I saw Trudy it was like being with my dad again. I remember that breathing, that last journey of the cancer journey.....I'm so grateful to the Lord for spurring me to go see her. What a gift.

This week has been full with achievement testing at school. Boy is that fun with Kindergarten! We are now on Spring Break! yahoo...and we may go to Charleston, SC.

So blogging friends, I'm still here...just alot of "life" happening.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were in Hilton Head and Charleston, SC last week. Really fun places to visit, so have a blast. You deserve a great spring break!!!!!!!!! Love you, Ann K.

fragilemom said...

What a sweet story. Thank you for sharing. Friends like that are hard to lose. But you obviously understand the joy of her new Home. I'm so glad you got to see her before she passed.

Happy spring break to you!