CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 23, 2009

If We are the Body

My classroom looks like a war zone....a little better now since I've been able to box up most of my things, but still a war zone. Since our school campuses are consolidating to "one" campus, we all have to pack up our classrooms. What a job. As I packed I had a lot of time to think and reflect on the year at school and just the year in general. I usually put in a praise and worship CD. One song I listened to over and over was "We are the Body"...Casting Crowns maybe? I often wonder how Jesus feels when he looks down and see the "Body" behaving how he feels. ???
We are discussing the passage that talks about we are all members and yet have many gifts. The hand benefits the mouth when it comes to eating. The foot takes the head many places. We are are important to each other. When we work together we accomplish so much more for the kingdom. When we don't there is divisiveness among fellow Christians and Satan has once again seen another dream of his come to life....in affective Christians in the body. I often say that sometime the "unsaved" treat each other with more respect that believers do sometimes. I think, and I speak for myself, that we get a "prideful" way about us. Surely it can't be us that needs to change our ways. Why, we grew up in the church, were saved early, and we know how to behave with others. How dare anyone question our ways and motives. Scripture is full of the "how to's" of working with believers and unbelievers. If we only followed the instruction manual our relationships could be so much more wonderful and effective for the Kingdom. "Look not everyman on his own things, but every man also on the things of others". That's not as easy done as it is said, but it reaps beautiful results when done God's way. Will others get on the band wagon? Maybe not right away. But we are responsible for "our actions" and that's where it all starts. ( A revival of sorts in our own hearts). I pray we learn to work as a body so that we may be most effective for the Kingdom.................

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Good thoughts sister. I've had a lot of visits to the woodshed over that one. Pray, pray, pray for my brothers and sisters is what the Lord often says. Get busy getting that log out of my eye while I'm at it.

Happy summer...maybe we can finally have that ladies night. Or maybe we can just keep talking about it. Wink...wink.