I don't know much about investments...I have a few stocks my dad left me. Really, I don't have a clue...glad I have a husband who does. I was reminded tonight at church of some "investments" that I can be, should be, must be making....and that is in the lives of my children. We get so caught up in "giving them things" that in light of eternity won't amount to a hill of beans. Yet, so often, we neglect the very and most important elements. We are so bent of preparing them for a good "education" in college, and we should, but sometimes to the neglect of knowing about their spiritual walk. Adolf Hitler was remarked that give him a child till he was 10 and you could have them back after that. Our children , ever so small as they may be, are sponges that soak up the environment that we provide for them. God help us to do a better job of controlling that environment. For many years we were scared off by the word "legalism" that we ofter err on the side of not controlling things at all. I pray that we who name the name of Christ see the urgency in setting examples that will lead our children first to a saving knowledge of Him and then to the realization that our lives are to glorify Him....it's all about Him! We make our lives revolve around our children and our "wants". God help us to see the bigger picture...eternity.....
Spesifikasi Lengkap Honda Airwave
13 years ago

3 comments:
You got it right!
You also get to be a big influence in the lives of the children you teach in school. What an awesome responsibility!
What a great entry and a great reminder. We have heard, more than enough, the word 'legalism' as well. But it was spoken by someone ignorant of the true meaning. Any 'rules' are considered legalism to her. I almost, almost, let myself believe (by her comments) that we 'protect' our children too much. Hogwash! Raising them, knowing that they truly belong to God anyway, takes a grand amount of the hard stuff. Much of that hard stuff is going against what 'the world' says about raising children. Okay, I better stop now before it turns into a blog entry.
Thanks again for the reminder that we have a huge responsibility as parents, and a great King to report to!!!!!!!
That's what I'm talking about!
Great post.
Post a Comment