CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 17, 2008

Fowl Friday and Simple Saturday


Friday was an odd sort of day. I took Daniel to school and then took David too work. Sean wasn't too happy about not going to school, so I decided that I would "volunteer" to help in the office finishing up the end of the years awards in exchange for Sean's going to preschool. Once I was sure that plan was "ok" with the school, we head over. It was carnival day at school and the kids at school were wild with excitement. When I arrived I walked in the preschool doors to find my oldest son sitting in the lobby chairs with another little fella and a little girl from his class. I knew this was a "timeout" for not paying attention and making noises during K-5 graduation practice. He had told me Thursday and I asked his teacher. No major offense but he did lose 10 minutes. Some battles you can't fight for your kids. He would survive. I took Sean to class and the went to the office. First problem was we had no more gray card stock... so the secretary went on a goose chase for some. While she was gone I had about 10 pieces left so I proceeded to try to finish at least 10 more.....printer error...so I spend the next hour talking to the copy people in Kingsport to see what was wrong. Eventually we got that up and running and then got to work. Sometime after the awards were finished the Japanese take out we ordered had arrived. As I was sitting their eating away the Principal came in and somehow the conversation switched to who was on faculty next year. I've been subbing..had my name in the pot for a classroom all year....I knew the highest I could hope for was 2nd and so many wanted that one. There was a first grade spot open. Anything, I told the Lord but k-5....don't ask me why, but in my 20 years of teaching I've never wanted to teach K-5. Guess what she said I would have to take....???? I can hardly say the words...my stomach was at my feet...I tried to be big...we laughed , teased back and forth till I realized she wasn't kidding and she realized I wasn't. I told her I'd have to pray on that one.....she left...I turned back to my takeout and I could just feel the tears welling up. (Please, don't feel sorry for me..that's not why I posted it...) It takes alot to make me cry. I just don't even know how to explain the "gloomy feeling" I get when I think of doing that all year. She promised me she'd move me up as soon as she could. She left......the secretary left and I manned the office...fighting back that lump in my throat. I was doing ok and got my mind off it while I announced the car line riders over the intercom that were to be picked up. In comes Daniel, my 5 year old "jail bird" for the day not looking so well. The aftershock teacher said his teacher wanted me to know that he hadn't felt well all day. His temp was 103.8...that did it...I cried, everyone looked to see why I was and I couldn't even explain it. It's one thing for me to not feel well, but it's another when it's your kid. To cut to the chase I took him to Urgent Care...poor little fellow couldn't even stay awake in the lobby. He woke up that morning and said his mouth hurt....turns out he had strep throat. He fell asleep on the examining table waiting for the doctor. .. I had been feeling kind of rough all week so I decided they could kill two birds with one stone and see me too..Sinusitis and Bronchitis....but whatever drugs he gave me seem to be working.

I'm trying to be "big" about this whole school thing. They've been great to me....I really could help my family out by going back to work....but K-5? In my twenty years of teaching I've taught second grade, third grade, fourth grade, 6 grade, junior high and high school but never K-5. I'm serious when I say the thought makes me want to throw up.

So, me and the Lord have been talking this over. Maybe I've just been tired and that played into.
I don't know what he has in store....I just pray that I'll listen for his still small voice in all this and not drown him out with my "tantrums". None of you would ever throw a tantrum on the Lord, now would you?

I'm glad he knows the our futures before we even experience them. He's already been there and he know the best path to take in getting there.

So, I made this a simple Saturday....resting, going to Sam's and going grocery shopping. I keep saying "They that wait on the Lord will renew their strenth, they shall mount up with wings as Eagels, they will run and not be weary and they will walk and not faint. ( I almost needed the smelling sauces when she told me "K-5"!)

I'm really praying for the rapture now, bethanne!!!!

Blessings!

6 comments:

{patty} said...

Well LuAnn, I wish I could think of something to say that would make the K5 offer not seem so vomit-ish but alas all I can say is be patient and pray.

I hope all the sickness goes away soon! Will you be at church tomorrow?

Greg P. said...

Sometimes the Lord gives us things to see what our reaction is going to be and how we'll handle it. You never know, maybe in two weeks you'll get a call saying that there has been a change in plan and asking you to take 2nd grade. Then again maybe not, but, I'll pray this works out to your advantage.

connie said...

Luann,
We all know that God knows what he is doing, so I will pray that you both come together on what ever the out come on this...
Take care and have the rest of a great weekend...
Connie
GBU

Kellie said...

LuAnn, I know that this is NOT what you wanted to hear. I don't know God's plan for you, only He does. Just because you were offered doesn't mean that God wants you to do this. You have struggled so much with whether you wanted to work full-time again or not. Maybe God doesn't want you to work right now either. Pray for God's peace and the vomitessness (is that a word? well it works for this situation) will subside and you will know. Maybe the decision has been made and you should wait until you know for sure. Be still my friend and God will give you clarity.

Leslie said...

LOL about praying for the rapture!! You are doing the right thing to pray about it and ask for peace as to what the Lord will have you do. I Corinthians 10:13 comes to mind "but God is faithful who will not suffer you to be tempted above that you are able . . ." The Lord isn't going to let us face a situation that he knows we cannot bear. ((HUGS)) Luann!

Amanda said...

Agree with Kellie. A few years ago I was offered a position of pharmacy supervisor just months after my hubby quit his job and started his own business. The pay would probably have been better, but for the hours I would be putting in and the travel, I probably would have come out making less per hour. I did ponder it for a while b/c it was flattering that my boss called me up and said he wanted me to consider the position (just 2 years out of school...it kind of went to my head a bit). But then my mom offered me this advice, "Honey, are you sure they aren't offering it to you because you are too stupid to say no." Now that may not sound like very loving advice, but actually it was. I turned it down and I think they have been through about 3 or 4 supervisors since then b/c it is just an awful position. Anyway, I don't know what God wants for you, but you are right...He does. I'll be praying for answers...and for health for you guys. I wonder if Jacob didn't have strep too, but bad mommy didn't take him to doc b/c they never do anything.