CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jun 12, 2008

Thursday Morning Thoughts



I survived my doctor's appt. No fussing...course I didn't really give him a chance. When he said " How are we doing" I started with "great over all but this weight...." and sort of toss in the Weight Watchers, etc. before he had a chance to say much. He knows me...he grinned. He agreed it was a good program and all he said was " so next time I see you I'll see some weight loss???" gulp..."sure" I said meekly. Great fellow...Lebonese..I taught his children at the Christian School in Virginia. Caring doctor..thorough.


The kids and I are tired. We stayed way too long with my in -laws, but it was a good visit. I saw my doctor, went to lunch with my MIL and my kids, to Wal-mart so "Yangy" as Daniel calls her and "Nangy" as Sean calls her could by "treats" for the kids. Our former church was having a yard sale this week to raise money for the youth group. I found some great deals on tops for me!



We stopped by my brother in law's feed store ( well, his wife runs it...he's just there when school's not in session..he teaches art) to see Neil, Beth, Robbie and baby Connor. Hot day!

Daniel, Connor, and Sean



We went back to my in law's, and and ice cream and 2 icees later we found ourselves visiting again with Neil, Beth , Robbie and Connor who go by there alot. Good visit. Kids enjoyed playing.



Off to Mother's day out. Today we are talking about fish....want to "swim along?"



A prayer request to too in. My good friend Diane Wilson learned Tuesday that her 50 year old brother Mike Rice who lived in Florida passed away. The cause is not clear. Pray for Diane and her husband Chris as they travel to Florida for the services. Many in that family who don't know the Lord.



Blessings!

3 comments:

{patty} said...

Hey lady, you have been rather busy yourself!!

Sorry I didn't get to the phone yesteday! The first time I was at the church with Nancy doing SSC stuff and the second time I was away from my phone packing.

Did you see the crib when you went by GC?? I was actually there about the time you called.

Call me one day when your off and I will show you around. :)

BethAnne said...

I like that strategy.....bring it up to the doctor before he brings it up to you....good thinking. You can sooo do WW. You will be losing in no time ----you will have to buy all new clothes - yay that sounds fun. Too bad I cant make myself push away from the table so I can buy new clothes. You go girl!

Leslie said...

I will say a prayer for your friend, Diane. Sounds like you've had a nice visit with family! :)