CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jul 24, 2008

A Day Late

.....and usually a dollar short. I meant to post last night and never got around to it. I'm up not feeling so well, but obviously not bad enough I can't blog. Thursday is the last day of my little job this summer. Hard to believe it's over.

The kids and I worked in my classroom yesterday and then we ate lunch with friends and ended up in Kingsport at a few antique stores, a Good Will Shop and Discovery Ice Cream where for 3.00 you can watch a robotic arm make your ice cream. Kind of neat.

Daniel is counting down the days till his birthday. I love to watch the joy kids have over things like that. Why do we as adults loose that joy as we get older? I'm sure not all adults too, but alot do.

Mamaw Ketchie sent Daniel ( and his mommy) some money for their birthdays so we're watching the mailbox. He usually save his birthday money and adds something to his Thomas the Train collection.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker but I had the best iced vanilla sugar -free I think cappucino today..mmmm...I had them make it with Skim milk..couldn't be too many weight watcher points to it!

We picked our first cucumber today...and Daniel ate it all. I picked a squash and I ate it...not sure it liked me!

I'm sounding like Beth with my "randomness" so I'll close and go back to bed.(not that your randomness is bad or anything you know!!!)

Till tomorrow.................

3 comments:

Greg P. said...

Why do adults lose the joy of a simple event such as a birthday?

Because we lose the innocence of being a child. We grow and we think that we have more important things to concern ourselves with. We do have important decisions to make as adults, but, that doesn't mean that we still can't have the playful attitude of a child.

We think that birthdays are just to be enjoyed by children. To us a birthday is just another year older. It shouldn't be that way. Another year older is another year closer to being home with Christ for eternity.

Eddie said...

Hope you start feeling better and I again with Greg

BethAnne said...

I think my dad AGREES with Greg instead of againing with him!!! Okay, so what is wrong with a few random thoughts? ;-)

And as for the birthday thing, I lost my joy over them when I stopped getting toys......I agree with GReg, but would like to add some cool toys to my wish list.